Wednesday, May 30, 2007
I started my job at "the firm" as I will refer to it. I have a desk in an office on the second floor that looks out onto an old abandoned building, and I love it. This is my first law firm gig in my life and considering I am a 3L in law school, I know that's a bit hard to comprehend. The last week and a half have been eye opening and challenging and reaffirming. Let's just say I realized I could write a paper, that in law school took me 3 weeks to write, in 7 hours. And I am also appreciating the firms willingness to woo myself and the 4 other clerks with fancy lunches, happy hours, and dinners. I completely plan on demonstrating my steller bowling skills (thank you Baylor U and a $1000 bowling lesson) at our firm bowling party in three weeks.
Other than that things are peachy. I, like Elaine, have caught the shopping bug and I am having to restrain myself. And I get to see Mike in less than a week...yes one week...less than 7 days...if you know me well enough you don't even have ot ask if I am excited. Let's just say, its been 7 months.
Well guess I will wrap this saga up.
Kudos: Paychecks and getting to see Mike so soon.
Monday, May 14, 2007
- Turned 24.
- Took 3 finals.
- Confronted my really loud neighbors at 4:30 in the morning, in my pjs.
- Experienced the wost back pain in my life, in the middle of finals, yea that was really fun.
- Cleaned my apt finally.
- Became a 3L, as in a third year law student, as in this time next year I will be graduated from Law school, an attorney, a lawyer. About to take bar classes, then about to take the Bar, that's right that test deserves a capital B.
- I move to Fort Worth for 6 weeks in 4 days.
- I start my job a week from today, doing lawyerly things.
- I get to see Mike in less than a month!!!!!!!!!!!
That's about all the updates I have. I know it was general but that's all I am in the mood for. I'm just enjoying having free time and getting to be able to run errands, sleep, hang out w/ friends, and enjoy my week off.
Yay: No more school, no more finals, getting to see Mike in no time :)
Dang: um there really aren't any right now. i guess.... cleaning out my closet.