Monday, October 29, 2007
Friday, October 26, 2007
This weekend is going to be great. I can feel it.
Tonight -- Maroon 5 at the Toyota Center w/ Alisa, and a little Calif Pizza Kitchen beforehand. I told Patrick Alisa and I's goal was to get backstage and some alone time w/ Adam Levine. I have to make good on my promise to him.
Tomorrow night -- Halloween Party w/ the law school ppl. Its my last one, and this year the majority of my friends from school are attending. Cannot wait. I have a fun costume -- blueberry muffin from Strawberrry Shortcake - which involves some green and white thigh highs which I think make my legs look weird, but others swear they are cool - and a really fun bonnet (and by fun I mean dorky, which i'm still debating on wearing). OH and my boyfriend will finalllyyyy be back in Houston after hunting in CO all week. About darn time i say.
Intermingled in all this fun is of course studying for the MPRE and researching for Pace and working on trial ad stuff. Its about that time of the year when i start to freak out about school and go into hermit mode. I apologize beforehand for any absurd study habits I might display in the coming days.
Well I guess in accordance w/ that, I should probably get to work since I did come all the way to the library on a friday to do some research that I have yet to do since I got here 30 minutes ago -- on it.
Yay: Fun weekend.
Sunday, October 21, 2007
- Played in a softball tournie for 12+ hours yesterday on the "3L Slackers" team. It was a lot of fun and we ended up making it to the semis and getting third.
- Because of that tournament every inch of my body is sore today. Boo. I could use a bath. Too bad I don't have a big tub.
- Sat through a really fun 4 hour ethics review course ---
- To take the MPRE (multi-state professional responsibility exam) on Nov. 3. In order to get licensed, you have to pass the ethic test. Ironic.
- I am going to Baylor HCing on Nov 3 after my test! Yay so excited, miss me some Baylor.
- Still working on my competition. Need to start researching now. Instead of watching tv. oh well.
- I went and got myself a boyfriend, his name is Patrick, and he is great :).
- Can't believe Christmas is almost two months away.
- Going on a CRUISE for a week in the Caribbean the week after finals, soooo excited, yay!
- Think I found a bike I like.
- Wish Patrick would get back from Durango now. Thanks.
- Realized how much I like not being in a long distance relationship. Its nice having someone around all the time.
- Should probably get back to work, orr watch Extreme Makeover, ok i'll do that then get to work.
Yay: "Hill country flowers" and dessert and a guy that makes me smile.
Dang: Soreness and busy-ness, boo.
Sunday, October 14, 2007
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
Top 10 Things I did for myself today (if you know me you know this isn't a normal focus)
- Signed up for the MS150 in April! My mom was diagnosed with MS about 15 years ago. It is a disease that effects my family physicall and emotionally. I look forward to the ability to ride in her honor. It's a 150 mile bike ride from Houston to Austin. Doing it with a bunch of law school friends. Cannot wait!
- Committed myself to an actual physical goal. Definitely need to train for this thing.
- Stood up for myself by finally telling someone exactly how crappy they made me feel. (something i also need to do more often).
- Let myself dress comfortably and didn't care one ounce.
- Slept an extra hour. It was great.
- Stopped worrying so much about what other people thought.
- Paid attention in class for once. Yes this was something I did for myself b/c it will help in finals.
Ok so maybe only 7 things I did for myself. But hey that's good! I hope everything is going well for everyone. Still waiting to hear about my moot court team. I gave my moot court board director a hard time today at out board meeting. It's driving me crazy and the problem is already out. I want to win it all this year (yes a play on words from sing) and I need to get crack a lackin on that problem. ALright time for Crim Pro.
Yay: Signing up for MS150
Dang: Jaw problems.