Sunday, October 14, 2007

This is me after a great weekend.



This weekend was by far one of the best I have had in a while. A group of us when to Boerne, TX (which if you haven't been before is a beatiful place in the hill country) and stayed at Patrick's parents house. They live on a ranch in the hills. They have the BEST backyard I think i have ever seen. Not to mention the most amazingly beautiful view and pool and patio area. They have an outdoor kitchen, fire pit, hot tub, and pool. I was completely in awe the whole weekend. We got there on Thursday night and then went to Floore's Country Store in another small town TX and saw Willie Nelson live.

It was my first Willie Nelson show and I have to say it was so much fun. He played apparently a really long set according to the others who came with who had seen him before. Afterwards we went back to Patrick's and had some yummy chips and queso. Friday was spent laying by the pool and drinking homemade margaritas, which were especially tasty.


Jennifer and I decided to act like 5 year olds and actually play in the pool. As in we dove, we danced (as in ballet/synchronized variety), we did handstand contests. While the boys played a fun game of "take it" where they threw a wet nerf football at each other and if one of them said take it, the other had to well take it. As in get hit by the ball. That night we had a bbq and then headed to a local bar. By about 10 we were all tired and headed back to sleep but only ended up staying up late once again. Saturday Patrick and I went to Fredricksburg for a few hours. I really wanted to go b/c i heard how cute a town it was and Patrick obliged. I had a great time there. We walked around, I bought some bath stuff that I made myself from Bath Junkie. Then we headed back to the house. We came back to Houston today, and i have to say I am exhausted. I didn't want the weekend to end and it has been a while since i've felt that way! Definitely will have to make a trip back there and hopefully soon!!


Too bad reality is back upon me. I was enjoying my little jaunt away from the busy-ness of life.


Much love.


Yay: Smiling/laughing/ and altogether being happy :)

Dang: School work. And no more cool hill country weather.

No comments: