Saturday, December 8, 2007
Other than that I have really mostly just been studying. I still have Criminal Procedure on Tues, Family law on thurs, and Business torts (which i am supposed to be studying for right now) on Sat. and then I am finito! I'm ready to enjoy Christmas and the holidays and go shopping and sleep in (wait I already do that anyways) and spend time w/ my boyfriend and friends and family w/o finals looming over my head. Almost there.
I hope everyone is enjoying their holidays!
Yay: New dress!
Dang: finals. duh.
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Christmas w/ my family!
Week long cruise w/ my boyfriend and his family :)
Only one semester of law school left ever.
Hanging out w/o finals looming over my head.
Thanksgiving break was great. I didn't study, which may or may not be a good thing, I'll let you know when I get my grades. Ate lots of good food, hung out w/ my family, and introduced Patrick to the familia as well. It was fun having him see where I grew up and hang out w/ my family. I also got to see the lovely Elaine on Friday night.
About to go see Beowulf in 3D. I think i'm more excited about getting to wear the cool 3D glasses than the movie. Yea b/c they are that awesome wish I could wear them everyday. no really.
This might be the last post for a while.
Yay: Life after finals.
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
- Helping host the National Moot Court Regional Competition Thurs. - Sat.
- Brief due for Pace Competition on Dec. 3rd -- i have one issue written, need to edit, then write my second, then edit, then put together. awesome. Conveniently due 3 days before my first final. love it.
- BIG trial on Saturday. I am in a trial advocacy class, and for our final we have to do a trial, from voir dire to closing to motions in limine, the whole she bang. I'm pretty excited about this one, not to mention nervous, better get my arguing shoes on.
- OH and did I mention i have four finals this semester, b/c I do. And those start in 4 weeks. I don't even have time to think about them at this point. Sweet.
But there are some good things right now that are keeping me from going insane, such as:
- Getting to go home on Tuesday and hang out w/ my family and friends for Thanksgiving break. (no worries I will be doing some studying too).
- Getting to eat my favorite meal of the year, gorge myself if you will.
- My boyfriend who encourages me and keeps me from ripping my hair out even though he is just as stressed.
- Starbucks christmas cups.
- Making desserts.
- Vanilla Hazelnut coffee from Einstein Bagels.
- Riding my new bike.
- Focusing on the cruise i get to go on the day after finals end!
Sorry for being such a debbie downer in this post, life is just hectic right now, but that's nothing new for this time of year.
Yay: Getting all ym classes when i registered FOR THE LAST TIME EVER!!
Dang: See above.
Friday, November 9, 2007
Again this time of year is crazay. I should be doing something productive right now but I'm not. I could be camping w/ Patrick but i'm not. I could be out having fun but I'm not. Thank you school. (I stayed in to be productive, hasn't worked).
Well thats about it, not so exciting.
Yay: new bike and a boy who makes me smile.
Dang: Boo finals.
Monday, October 29, 2007
Friday, October 26, 2007
This weekend is going to be great. I can feel it.
Tonight -- Maroon 5 at the Toyota Center w/ Alisa, and a little Calif Pizza Kitchen beforehand. I told Patrick Alisa and I's goal was to get backstage and some alone time w/ Adam Levine. I have to make good on my promise to him.
Tomorrow night -- Halloween Party w/ the law school ppl. Its my last one, and this year the majority of my friends from school are attending. Cannot wait. I have a fun costume -- blueberry muffin from Strawberrry Shortcake - which involves some green and white thigh highs which I think make my legs look weird, but others swear they are cool - and a really fun bonnet (and by fun I mean dorky, which i'm still debating on wearing). OH and my boyfriend will finalllyyyy be back in Houston after hunting in CO all week. About darn time i say.
Intermingled in all this fun is of course studying for the MPRE and researching for Pace and working on trial ad stuff. Its about that time of the year when i start to freak out about school and go into hermit mode. I apologize beforehand for any absurd study habits I might display in the coming days.
Well I guess in accordance w/ that, I should probably get to work since I did come all the way to the library on a friday to do some research that I have yet to do since I got here 30 minutes ago -- on it.
Yay: Fun weekend.
Sunday, October 21, 2007
- Played in a softball tournie for 12+ hours yesterday on the "3L Slackers" team. It was a lot of fun and we ended up making it to the semis and getting third.
- Because of that tournament every inch of my body is sore today. Boo. I could use a bath. Too bad I don't have a big tub.
- Sat through a really fun 4 hour ethics review course ---
- To take the MPRE (multi-state professional responsibility exam) on Nov. 3. In order to get licensed, you have to pass the ethic test. Ironic.
- I am going to Baylor HCing on Nov 3 after my test! Yay so excited, miss me some Baylor.
- Still working on my competition. Need to start researching now. Instead of watching tv. oh well.
- I went and got myself a boyfriend, his name is Patrick, and he is great :).
- Can't believe Christmas is almost two months away.
- Going on a CRUISE for a week in the Caribbean the week after finals, soooo excited, yay!
- Think I found a bike I like.
- Wish Patrick would get back from Durango now. Thanks.
- Realized how much I like not being in a long distance relationship. Its nice having someone around all the time.
- Should probably get back to work, orr watch Extreme Makeover, ok i'll do that then get to work.
Yay: "Hill country flowers" and dessert and a guy that makes me smile.
Dang: Soreness and busy-ness, boo.
Sunday, October 14, 2007
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
Top 10 Things I did for myself today (if you know me you know this isn't a normal focus)
- Signed up for the MS150 in April! My mom was diagnosed with MS about 15 years ago. It is a disease that effects my family physicall and emotionally. I look forward to the ability to ride in her honor. It's a 150 mile bike ride from Houston to Austin. Doing it with a bunch of law school friends. Cannot wait!
- Committed myself to an actual physical goal. Definitely need to train for this thing.
- Stood up for myself by finally telling someone exactly how crappy they made me feel. (something i also need to do more often).
- Let myself dress comfortably and didn't care one ounce.
- Slept an extra hour. It was great.
- Stopped worrying so much about what other people thought.
- Paid attention in class for once. Yes this was something I did for myself b/c it will help in finals.
Ok so maybe only 7 things I did for myself. But hey that's good! I hope everything is going well for everyone. Still waiting to hear about my moot court team. I gave my moot court board director a hard time today at out board meeting. It's driving me crazy and the problem is already out. I want to win it all this year (yes a play on words from sing) and I need to get crack a lackin on that problem. ALright time for Crim Pro.
Yay: Signing up for MS150
Dang: Jaw problems.
Saturday, September 15, 2007
- my amazing and wonderful family. I have two of the best sisters in the entire world. Not to mention my parents could not be any better.
- I have some of the best friends. They are encouraging, supportive, funny, witty, intelligent, and just overall wonderful. I could not ask for better friends, really.
- The ability to attend law school. It has been a challenge but will be worth it in the end.
There is just a little sampling. Life is going ok. It's Saturday morning and I am watching The Office Season 2. I love it. I really want Pam and Jim to be together. Can I have a Jim in my life please? Tonight I'm going to dinner for Naz's birthday at Azuma. And I love Azuma and Naz is one of those friends mentioned above. School is really busy, or it's getting busy. In two weeks I have a bench trial (first one ever) for Trial Advocacy and the same day I have try outs for Moot Court team (yay PACE!). Of course there is the ever present reading and studying. As well as the job hunt 07 (that hasn't really started, which is why its on the to-do list). That's about all that is going on at this moment.
Yay: 4 am conversations.
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Well, I put so much thought into getting ready
Now I know that was the best part
It’s so easy to get caught up in what I’m regretting
Forget what I got from a wounded heart
CHORUSI’m the one who likes Gardenia
I’m the one who likes to make love on the floor
I don’t want to hang up the phone yet
It’s been goodGetting to know me more
I’ve been seeing all my old friends in the city
Walking alone in Central Park
Doing all the things that I’ve neglected
Traded ‘em all in
To be in your arms
CHORUSWell, I hear my own voice
Sounds so silly
Keep on telling my story all around
Everything I lost seems so different
Well, this is how everybody gets found
Second song --
Somebody told me, they saw you somewhere
Somebody hold me, cause suddenly I'm a little, cold
Well I must be mistaken, you for somebody else
I know you all to well, or do I?
Chorus:I heard you say
We were one and the same
Well wrong again
I could never do those things you did to me
I will be ok
In time you'll fade
Into the nothing that you are
The nothing you are
VS2Somebody sold me, yeah the same old story
yea yeah, yea yeah
Hadn't you told me, you were there the whole time
yeah, yea yeah
Well I must be mistaken, you for somebody else
I hope you burn in hell, or do I?
VS.2I know your mistakes will hunt you down, eventually
You'll know that when you hit the ground
Your weakness did you in, and delt me out
It's ok, I have the truth on my side
I heard you say
We were one and the same
We'll wrong again
I could never do those things, you , did, to me
I will be ok
In time you'll fade
Into nothing that you are
The nothing you are x4
And because of all this the following song is pretty on key too (not to anyone per se at this point in my life) --
I’m not ready to confront
I’d rather cement my words this way
This could be the easy road out
But I’m just not all that happy
So I’m writing all this down
And I’ll file it in a drawer someday
In lieu of a conversation
We’d probably forget to have anyway
CHORUS I won’t hold anything back
And I won’t hold anything in
Feel like I know where this is going
And I might know how it ends
But I’m stillWilling to begin
You should know my story by now
And why I’m optimistic cautiously
I understand it’s not your fault
But I’m not takin’ anything back
You still end up with Most of me
CHORUS I expect you to fly from NY to LA
And land on my doorstep
And smile at me and say
It was worth it to see most of me
Do you love most of me?
You’re just crossing paths
With the way he left me
I’m not sayin’ a word
But I’m watching you quietly
You’re gonna have to prove me wrong
Before I know this is right
We don’t have to decide tonight
Just wait for me patiently --- And you’ll get all of me
I know God had a purpose for everything. Just at this point i'm not so sure what it may be. I know i deserve to be happy but things get in the way.
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Ever since doing the last blog about weird habits I've been picking up on some other stuff... like for example - Whenever I eat anything that involves a tortilla (burritos, tacos, quesadillas), i get tired of the insides about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way through and dump it out and just eat the tortilla. I thought this was completely normal up until this past week, well last two days when people have been pointing out that maybe it isn't quite so normal. Here's another one - I like to read my old planners. I save them and have them in order on my bookshelf and take them down and like to flip through them. Sometimes I like to go to the exact day and see what I was doing last year, even four years ago. I know i'm weird. But I like it.
I guess that's all I have. School has begun, which means posts might be more frequent b/c i'm on my computer more during the day (well atleast Tues/Thurs).
Yay: Sonic drinks.
Dang: how freakin hot it is.
Sunday, August 19, 2007
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their 8 things) and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
My 8 Random Facts:
1. I, unlike Elaine, have no problem not unpacking. In fact I've been back in Houston for a week from Illinois and my suit case is still not unpacked. Hm.. maybe I should do that today.
2. No matter what time I wake up during the day, unless it uber late, I will always eat breakfast first and lunch second, even if its only an hour later that I eat lunch.
3. I talk to my fish.
4. I actually enjoy buying school supplies.
5. I collect magnents from all over the US, anytime I travel I buy a magnent, most of the time from the airport.
6. I have a bowl full of candy from the past year that I don't eat. It jus sits there and I let my guests eat it, which they do.
7. I get ready for bed in the same way every night, and in the same order.
8. One of my biggest pet peeves is when someone misspells you're and use "your", seriously.
Tag you're it: Jen, Tara
Yay: Second dates :)
Dang: Reading today. boo.
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
- There is a really gross sour skittles commercial on tv right now w/ an old man being "milked" if you will. Whoever thought this was creative was very wrong.
- I am now broke after buying all my books for class/supplements/and getting 4 pairs of shoes fixed (apparently you are supposed to do this).
- I made a YUMMY home-cooked meal all by myself the other night - Turkey, tomatillo, and bean burrito. It was amazing. YUM.
- It's really good to be back in Houston for good.
- Got to be a bridesmaid in Sarah and Michael's wedding in Illinois
- Went to Illinois for the first time in my life this past weekend AND stayed in a log cabin.
- School starts in 4 days, boo.
- I sliced my finger open while cutting red bell peppers.
- First blind date ever in my life tomorrow night.
- Phredd is alive and well.
- I'm a THIRD YEAR LAW STUDENT!!!
Yay: being back in houston and seeing all my friends.
Dang: no more money :(
Sunday, July 22, 2007
Internship at Brackett and Ellis in downtown ftw. Loved it. I was challenged, encouraged, and reaffirmed that this is the track my life is leading me down (law that is). I enjoyed the firm a lot and all the people I met. I became incredibly close to the other interns and would like to consider them my 6 week clerkship family. It was actually refreshing to be up in FTW for the first time in a while. There was a certain level of familiarity with everything that helped in my confidence while up there. I also enjoyed living at home. Now this won't happen again, but for the 7 weeks that I was there it was fine.
Lauren and Dave's wedding. It was wonderful, beautiful, incredible, and awesome. I had a great time being MOH and am blessed with such a great best friend as Lauren.
Lubbock to visit Liz for a week. It was a lot of fun i have to say. I came to realize there is really not a lot to do in Lubbock. But Liz and I mananged to fill it with fun. I am blessed to have such a great little sister who is beocming a lovely young woman (corny I know).
Now i'm in the H for a whole week. The first week I've spent here at my apt since i left in the middle of May for FTW. So far I managed to fill my weekend with lots of fun and am excited for this next week of catching up with friends I haven't seen in two months and those that I have! Crazy how fast this summer is flying by. Only one more month till I start my last year of school EVER. Phredd is doing well I have to report. He is a great fish who manages to be able to go days without food.
Well since I probably wont' update for a while again, here's a brief synapsis of what I have coming up -- Oregon Coast for a week w/ the family (first real vacation in a lonnnggg time!), Illinois for 4 days for my wonderful Baylor roomie Sarah's wedding to Michael, and then a week off, and then my last first tday of school!!
(sorry for the superificiality of this post... if you have kept in touch w/ me this summer, then you konw the real indepth stuff)
Until I decide to post again,
Kudos: Amazing family and friends and support and encouragement.
Dang: Ppl who backup into pretty grey Xterras.
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
I started my job at "the firm" as I will refer to it. I have a desk in an office on the second floor that looks out onto an old abandoned building, and I love it. This is my first law firm gig in my life and considering I am a 3L in law school, I know that's a bit hard to comprehend. The last week and a half have been eye opening and challenging and reaffirming. Let's just say I realized I could write a paper, that in law school took me 3 weeks to write, in 7 hours. And I am also appreciating the firms willingness to woo myself and the 4 other clerks with fancy lunches, happy hours, and dinners. I completely plan on demonstrating my steller bowling skills (thank you Baylor U and a $1000 bowling lesson) at our firm bowling party in three weeks.
Other than that things are peachy. I, like Elaine, have caught the shopping bug and I am having to restrain myself. And I get to see Mike in less than a week...yes one week...less than 7 days...if you know me well enough you don't even have ot ask if I am excited. Let's just say, its been 7 months.
Well guess I will wrap this saga up.
Kudos: Paychecks and getting to see Mike so soon.
Monday, May 14, 2007
- Turned 24.
- Took 3 finals.
- Confronted my really loud neighbors at 4:30 in the morning, in my pjs.
- Experienced the wost back pain in my life, in the middle of finals, yea that was really fun.
- Cleaned my apt finally.
- Became a 3L, as in a third year law student, as in this time next year I will be graduated from Law school, an attorney, a lawyer. About to take bar classes, then about to take the Bar, that's right that test deserves a capital B.
- I move to Fort Worth for 6 weeks in 4 days.
- I start my job a week from today, doing lawyerly things.
- I get to see Mike in less than a month!!!!!!!!!!!
That's about all the updates I have. I know it was general but that's all I am in the mood for. I'm just enjoying having free time and getting to be able to run errands, sleep, hang out w/ friends, and enjoy my week off.
Yay: No more school, no more finals, getting to see Mike in no time :)
Dang: um there really aren't any right now. i guess.... cleaning out my closet.
Thursday, April 26, 2007
Thursday, April 19, 2007
Dang: Finals. Yes, this will continue to be a dang till May 9th.
Friday, April 13, 2007
Thank you so much for leaving me a nice surprise yesterday morning. It is good to be reminded every now and then of the quality of human beings in this world. I was starting to think that everyone was nice and friendly. But alas you helped me realize that no, there are truly people in this world that will take their key and leave a nice car length long scratch on someones 2005 xterra. Was it the BU emblem that pissed you off? The Law student license plate cover? Or maybe the color grey of my car? Whatever it was iI'm so very excited now to spend $100 to get rid of the nice scratch you left as a present for me on my car.
Ok had to get that off of my chest. Blah. Other than that, things are looking up. I had a fantabulous time in the Burg w/ Elaine and Brian! Didn't want to leave at all. We were the perfect symbol of tourists! Now I have to start studiyng for finals. Which will be over in three weeks! Mike is coming back to the US for two weeks in July! UM.. yea. my bday is in three weeks too. Don't froget :) haha.
Kudos: Two phone calls this week already!
Wednesday, April 4, 2007
The lady who took my blood last week bruised me and all my friends who she took blood from. Hm...
I'm going to Williamsburg this weekend to visit Elaine.
Friends. Good friends. I like good friends. Good friends who don't call me selfish.
I get to see my family on Thursday and Friday :) YAY!
I put my two week notice in today at work. No more secretarial work for me. Halleujah. (sp?)
My birthday is a month from tomorrow, take note, and write it down.
I still have a crush on an army boy.
I think my overall tolerance for people is decreasing, not sure why.
April and May are my favorite months and i'm pretty sure I will like them even more when I am no longer a student *one year away btw.
I still don't have a trash can to put trash out in.
My apt complex is going to get yelled at by me tomorrow afternoon. Be scared.
I like new shoes, but they always seem to hurt my feet.
Rangers and 'Stros are both sucking it up so far, come on guys.
My spinning instructor kicked my butt last night. And yelled at the girl who decided to talk on her cell phone in the middle of class. Quality.
The guy in front of me in class likes to play online computer games.
I think staring at a computer all day is giving me an incessant headache.
I am wearing bright pink nailpolish. And i like it.
I have seriously tried to make an effort to get up on time every morning but for some reason I just end up waking up at 8 am anyways. (I set my alarm clock for 7:16 am).
That's about all my ramblings for today.
Kudos: Fam and fun visits.
Dang: headaches and drama- somehow related I think.
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Monday, March 26, 2007
- 44 days till the semester is over.
- 2 months till I start my job in FTW for 6 weeks.
- 1 1/2 month till my 24th birthday.
- Seems like the majority of my friends were born within a 2 week time span of each other in March.
- Lauren Coombs is engaged!!! (not really update about my life, but she's been my best friend since 10th grade so might as well add it to my update...)
- 3 weeks left at my job at the DA.
- I love shoes.
- I love dresses.
- I'm learning how to cook more. Its fun. maybe you'll get a chance to sample my amazing cooking, maybe.
- Trying to find motivation to get through the last part of the semester. TO DO - outlines, study, outline, study, outline, study, repeat.
- I have my first ever hearing (motion to compel evidence) in front of a real judge this Friday, eek!
- 80s Prom this weekend, way excited to wear my pink capris tights. Hot.
- I have the best sisters!
- 2 weeks till i visit Elaine in the 'burg.
That's about it. Need more info, just ask :)
Yay: Really fun birthday party w/ the law friends last saturday night!!
Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Friday, March 9, 2007
- Tara and I got hit on by three middle aged men last night at Brian O'Neils, we realized that sometimes we just need to be mean, especially when they surrounded us.
- Eating and then working out doesn't work well together.
- Going to Rodeo again tonight to see Pat Green for the 4th time in my life!
- I had McDonald's breakfast this morning b/c I had a craving, dont't judge.
- Baylor won their first Big 12 Tournie game since 01 (maybe that's because it has been that long since they've played in the tournie... i know not an update on my life but its relevant).
- I actually enjoyed the movie John Tucker Must Die.
- This week has been filled with beautiful days. Good thing I have spent most of them indoors.
- I'll be 24 in two months!
- My hate for needles was drastically increased this week.
Well that's about it. Thrilling I realize. But you still love me :)
Yay: SPRING BREAK!!!!!!!
Dang: lack of motivation generally.
Thursday, March 1, 2007
- Made it to the quarterfinals!! Top 27 out of 70+ teams.
- I was the first arguer of the entire competition in my round. And the minute I opened my mouth I had questions thrown at me.
- Apparently when I get really nervous I start to act strange, so the combination of my 3 cups of coffee plus nerves made Sara really funny the first day of competition. Trey and David thought it was humorous.
- Met a lot of other law schoolers from Chicago, Vermont, Utah, and Virginia. They were all really fun.
- Ate a lot of really great food and drank some really great wine. Pretty awesome.
- White Plains is really cold in Feb.
- Judges should learn to keep their legs crossed, especially when its a woman in her 60s with a skirt suit on.
- Hotels that charge $20 for a breakfast buffet are not cool.
- Having my own hotel room is cool.
- Mini-bars are cool too.
- I am still in love with NYC.
- While in NYC we got to see the MoMA- which mean I got to see some of my favorites such as Monet!! THen we had a tour of NBC studios where we caught part of the SNL cast rehearsing AND I got to see Dwight from the office live and in person.
- I learned a few things from going to NYC -- wear comfortable shoes, beanies are a great investment, Johns Pizzaria is yummy and in an old church in the theater district, the next time I go to NYC i will see a show or four, I also learned how to navigate through Grand Central Station.
- My hair looked much better in NY without the humidity.
- My feet were mad at me after making them wear heals for 5 days.
- I hate hose. Period. Whoever invented these things was dumb. Dumb dumb dumb.
- How to properly pronounce Filet Mignon. (i know how to say it...no worries).
- The cabs in White Plains are really kinda of trashy.
Other than NY- here is an update on the rest of my life:
- I need to play catch up with school work like whoa.
- Going to see Clay Walker and Pat Green within the next week!
- Get to go to the Oregon coast for a week this summer w/ my family. Pretty awesome.
- Most likely going on a cruise with Elaine this summer too.
- Get to judge little 1Ls in their moot court rounds this Friday. Yes finally on the other side of the table. Prolly a bad thing I don't really understand the problem. Yea i'll need to work on that.
- Completely understand Jen when she said that its hard to keep a small apt clean. I totally agree.
- I really really like Jane Austen, I'm reading Pride and Prejudice now, and Sense and Sensibility next.
- I'm sitting in class right now and have no idea what my prof is saying. What can I say, i'm a good law student.
- Might lose my office at work, bummer.
- My prof is wearing a complete denim outfit right now.
- I never quite realized how much I enjoy wearing flip flops. Ahhhhh.
- Timing sucks. Period.
Yay: Clay Walker
Dang: Mike not coming back for a while. :(
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Friday, February 16, 2007
But on a lighter note - I did go to Chuck e Cheese yesterday for the first time since I was 10. That's right, me, 23 1/2 year old sara, went with my 30 year old friend. hahaha. It was awesome. We played almost every game there and collected a total of 180 tickets. haha. I have to say it was a nice break from busy law school life. Ah the days of chucky cheese - where the only thing I worried about was whether I had enough tokens to play the games, when my nap was going to be, and whether i would make it home in time to play house/school w/ my stuffed animals. How time has changed.
"Shoppers across the country were warned to throw out jars with a product code on the lid beginning with “2111,” which denotes the plant where it was made." -- MSNBC. Yes, that's right. My favorite peanut butter - Peter Pan - is being recalled. I casually saw this story, and didn't have a second thought until I decided it might be good to check my peanut butter. AND low and behold - my peanut butter jar, the one I had already eaten 3/4 of is part of the recalled salmonella batch. Awesome. Looks like I"ll be switching to JIF.
This weekend I'll be in Arlington going to the wedding of Angela Nelson. One of the original members of "CLAMS". Its going to be a mini reunion of a bunch of church friends I haven't seen in oh 6 years. Awesome. Should be a good time though.
Next week is the most important week of the semester! I'll be travelling to White Plains, NY for the Pace Environmental Law Moot Court Competition for 5 days. Can't believe its already here...
Yay - Seeing my family today.
Dang - Peter Pan Peanut Butter
Saturday, February 10, 2007
- I really like watching the mavs play basketball.
- Elaine and I are going to go on a cruise this summer to celebrate being done with our internships and two years of law school, and to prep for our post-bar Mexican beach two week vacation.
- I really hate dropped calls, really really really really hate them, especially when its when you are on the phone with someone that you can only talk to once a week. And you can't call that person back.
- I leave for NY in a week and a half! Woohooooo!!!
- Catching up with two old high school friends in one week is pretty darn awesome. And after 10 years I am glad they are both still in my life!
- I am watching Blue Crush right now as I type this. I really want to go to Hawaii some time.
- 3 hours dentist visits are not the best.
- Can't wait to visit my parents in a week!
- Pretrial litigation is going to be a lot more work than I realized.
- I miss him.
- Paciugo has the best italian gelato, good thing there is one down the street from me.
- Don't know how I feel about someone getting mugged in my apartment complex at the same time I came home the other night.
- I actually enjoy spinning classes.
- I haven't gotten sick yet this year, yes!
- Memoirs of a Geisha is a really long movie. Pretty sure I fell asleep after an hour into it and when I woke up 45 minutes later it wasn't even close to being finished.
- I miss him.
- I am actually going to be productive today- work out, clean apt, work on argument, read for products liability, outline food and drug law.
And on that note... i'm off!
Yay: Future Cruising...
Dang: Only getting to talk to Mike for 2 min., stupid cell phone.
Thursday, February 1, 2007
Traffic. Sucks. Period. On 59 S, there is this curve in the road, and apparently its pretty scary to ppl b/c everyone slows down, everyone, and you are thinking oh there is traffic or something, but after you get passed the curve, it runs smoothly. Really is there a need to slow down around the curve. You'll be ok, I promise. Also, why ppl feel the need to cut into traffic at the last possible second is beyond me. Houston even put up these nice little yellow poles to keep ppl from doing it, yet these poles are now turning black due to the number of cars that have hit them trying to cut in. Seriously.
Well now that I've successfully been negative, I'll try to add some positivity here. Three weeks till NY!! New trash valet service at my apt, here's to laziness! Saw Catch and Releease -- soooo good. Went shopping at Ann Taylor loft. Get to visit my mom/dad in two weeks! Asked to be a bridesmaid in Sarah's wedding in August! Discovered a new love for Everwood (too bad its already cancelled)! Got three fun letters in one week!
Life is mega busy right now.
Yay: New clothes.
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Sunday, January 14, 2007
- School starts Tuesday.
- Houston freaks out at the sign troubling weather. No worries our school already sent us an email just in case it freezes and we have to miss our first day.
- Hoping it freezes and we have to miss our first day.
- I'm watching Pirates of the Caribbean (2) for the first time right now.
- My favorite soup is broccoli cheddar from Potbelly. YUMMY
- Without fail, if you go somewhere without getting ready (as in I woke up, took a shower, and was hungry so I didn't blow dry or put make up on) you will always run into people you know.
- I miss Mike.
- Vietnamese fajitas are really darn good.
- I need to go to the grocery store.
- I need to work on my moot court argument.
- I need to read for class on Tuesday (all 52 pages, awesome)
- My feet are really cold right now.
- My fish Phredd knows when it is going to be fed.
- Ghostbusters is on tv on abc family (not entirely sure it is such an abc family movie)
- I still haven't put my mini christmas tree away yet.
- Had my first "cultural" experience last night.
There ya go.
dang: school stress
Thursday, January 11, 2007
Yay: 25 minute phone calls :) (so what if they make my entire week better)
Dang: $400 books. awesome. Thanks law school.
Tuesday, January 9, 2007
Yay: Grey's premiering this week
Dang: Not getting to talk to someone for over a week :(
Sunday, January 7, 2007
Other than that, this past week has been good so far. I came back to Houston on Sunday. Spent New Years Eve with some great friends and some great red wine. Mostly been running errands, cleaning my apt, watching movies, working out and just enjoying being lazy before it gets really rough when school starts. I did go back to work on Thurs. I wasn't sure when I would head back there, but I was getting tired of doing nothing and decided to make some money to make up for all the money I spent over Christmas. Other than that, not a lot going on.
Can't believe its already 2007. I really hope this year goes well. I guess we will see in a year, you can ask me what I thing. Haha. Well back to this outline. I've procrastinated enough.
Yay: letters in the mail.
Dang: still waiting on my red high heels to show up. Come on Nordstroms.