Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Monday, March 26, 2007
- 44 days till the semester is over.
- 2 months till I start my job in FTW for 6 weeks.
- 1 1/2 month till my 24th birthday.
- Seems like the majority of my friends were born within a 2 week time span of each other in March.
- Lauren Coombs is engaged!!! (not really update about my life, but she's been my best friend since 10th grade so might as well add it to my update...)
- 3 weeks left at my job at the DA.
- I love shoes.
- I love dresses.
- I'm learning how to cook more. Its fun. maybe you'll get a chance to sample my amazing cooking, maybe.
- Trying to find motivation to get through the last part of the semester. TO DO - outlines, study, outline, study, outline, study, repeat.
- I have my first ever hearing (motion to compel evidence) in front of a real judge this Friday, eek!
- 80s Prom this weekend, way excited to wear my pink capris tights. Hot.
- I have the best sisters!
- 2 weeks till i visit Elaine in the 'burg.
That's about it. Need more info, just ask :)
Yay: Really fun birthday party w/ the law friends last saturday night!!
Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Friday, March 9, 2007
- Tara and I got hit on by three middle aged men last night at Brian O'Neils, we realized that sometimes we just need to be mean, especially when they surrounded us.
- Eating and then working out doesn't work well together.
- Going to Rodeo again tonight to see Pat Green for the 4th time in my life!
- I had McDonald's breakfast this morning b/c I had a craving, dont't judge.
- Baylor won their first Big 12 Tournie game since 01 (maybe that's because it has been that long since they've played in the tournie... i know not an update on my life but its relevant).
- I actually enjoyed the movie John Tucker Must Die.
- This week has been filled with beautiful days. Good thing I have spent most of them indoors.
- I'll be 24 in two months!
- My hate for needles was drastically increased this week.
Well that's about it. Thrilling I realize. But you still love me :)
Yay: SPRING BREAK!!!!!!!
Dang: lack of motivation generally.
Thursday, March 1, 2007
- Made it to the quarterfinals!! Top 27 out of 70+ teams.
- I was the first arguer of the entire competition in my round. And the minute I opened my mouth I had questions thrown at me.
- Apparently when I get really nervous I start to act strange, so the combination of my 3 cups of coffee plus nerves made Sara really funny the first day of competition. Trey and David thought it was humorous.
- Met a lot of other law schoolers from Chicago, Vermont, Utah, and Virginia. They were all really fun.
- Ate a lot of really great food and drank some really great wine. Pretty awesome.
- White Plains is really cold in Feb.
- Judges should learn to keep their legs crossed, especially when its a woman in her 60s with a skirt suit on.
- Hotels that charge $20 for a breakfast buffet are not cool.
- Having my own hotel room is cool.
- Mini-bars are cool too.
- I am still in love with NYC.
- While in NYC we got to see the MoMA- which mean I got to see some of my favorites such as Monet!! THen we had a tour of NBC studios where we caught part of the SNL cast rehearsing AND I got to see Dwight from the office live and in person.
- I learned a few things from going to NYC -- wear comfortable shoes, beanies are a great investment, Johns Pizzaria is yummy and in an old church in the theater district, the next time I go to NYC i will see a show or four, I also learned how to navigate through Grand Central Station.
- My hair looked much better in NY without the humidity.
- My feet were mad at me after making them wear heals for 5 days.
- I hate hose. Period. Whoever invented these things was dumb. Dumb dumb dumb.
- How to properly pronounce Filet Mignon. (i know how to say it...no worries).
- The cabs in White Plains are really kinda of trashy.
Other than NY- here is an update on the rest of my life:
- I need to play catch up with school work like whoa.
- Going to see Clay Walker and Pat Green within the next week!
- Get to go to the Oregon coast for a week this summer w/ my family. Pretty awesome.
- Most likely going on a cruise with Elaine this summer too.
- Get to judge little 1Ls in their moot court rounds this Friday. Yes finally on the other side of the table. Prolly a bad thing I don't really understand the problem. Yea i'll need to work on that.
- Completely understand Jen when she said that its hard to keep a small apt clean. I totally agree.
- I really really like Jane Austen, I'm reading Pride and Prejudice now, and Sense and Sensibility next.
- I'm sitting in class right now and have no idea what my prof is saying. What can I say, i'm a good law student.
- Might lose my office at work, bummer.
- My prof is wearing a complete denim outfit right now.
- I never quite realized how much I enjoy wearing flip flops. Ahhhhh.
- Timing sucks. Period.
Yay: Clay Walker
Dang: Mike not coming back for a while. :(