Sunday, January 4, 2009

Holiday Recap

Again, it has taken time for me to update, its been a great holiday season. Here's a little recap:

On Friday before Christmas, Patrick and I went to see White Christmas at the Hobby Center. I grew up with the tradition of watching White Christmas every Christmas with my family. It was fun to see the musical version of it and I even saw Patrick laughing, I think he liked it too ;).

On Saturday, Patrick and I went to his firm's Holiday Party at Hotel Zaza. It was fun to meet his secretary and talk to his co-workers! That day I also changed my hair, cut it into a long bob and dyed it BROWN. I love it. That night Patrick and I had our Christmas. We opened our presents, he got me an IPod Touch and I luvs it, and some other various things that showed how well he listens to me (and my hints!) :) I got him an XM boombox and some other various things that show how well I listen to him :)


On Sunday, Alisa and I went to dinner in downtown and then saw The Nutcracker, another favorite Christmas tradition!
I went home to Arlington the Monday before Christmas for my first full week at home since, well, last Christmas. It was a truly great time! On Tuesday my mom, Liz, and I went to eat at the Zodiac room at Neiman's and did some last minute shopping. That night I went over to Dallas to Elaine and Brian's Christmas Party. It was so fun to see everyone and catch up.

Wednesday was Christmas Eve, that day I just relaxed and hung out with my family. That night my family and I went to church at my parents new church - All Saints Episcopal - in Fort Worth. It was a beautiful service and really helped put in the forefront of my mind the meaning of Christmas. Afterwards we opened our Christmas eve PJs and ate some snacks and watched a movie.

Christmas morning arrived, we woke up and I made some blueberry muffins and coffee for the family. We opened our presents! My parents got me a GPS and I luvs it too, no more getting lost in Houston! We ate breakfast and then our extended family came over and we made linner and ate some tasty pork loin, smoked in my dad's trash can smoker. That night an old friend came over and played scrabble with my dad, sister, and I. It was a great Christmas!
The rest of the weekend was spent relaxing, spending time with my family, and enjoying the holidays!

Sunday I headed back to Houston and had to work on Monday and Tuesday.

NYE I headed across to Boerne to meet up with Patrick at his Dad's house to ring in the New Year. His brother Travis and wife Kara and their kids came as well as his cousin Charlie and his wife Lauren and Elaine and Brian. We had a great time laughing, hanging out and saying goodbye to 2008!



Last Pic 2008
First Pic of 2009

No comments: