Thursday, October 14, 2010

One Month!

Today is October 14th. While just another manic..Thursday... it's also the ONE month mark till my FIRST Half Marathon! One Month from today, Nov. 14th (for those that were curious what a month is from today. duh sara) is my Half in San Antonio!

I'm nervous. of course. but I feel like I've been training well enough up until now and just need to push through these last 31 days to get there. Last Saturday I ran 12 miles. TWELVE. A half marathon is 13.1...so really just 1.1 more miles to go after that, which I think I could have pushed out of me last Saturday.

I haven't been very good at running this week. Well, in fact, I've only run once. On Tuesday. For 40 minutes. And I felt like crap. Which was a little disconcerting, but I think was just a result of still being EXHAUSTED from the 12 mile run on Saturday. The first half of this week, I literally had no energy. It just got zapped on Saturday. Which is probably why I haven't run as much as I needed to this week. But, do not dismay, I will be making sure I run 4-5 times a week from now till the race. I need to run in the mornings. Life at night is really busy right now with my moot court practices, and with Patrick moving. So I have run out of time at night to run. I'm not much of a morning person but I think for the next month I'm going to have to be. Let's hope that works.

Anyways, I have high hopes that I'll survive the Half in a Month and I cannot wait to see if I do!


No comments: