Wednesday, October 13, 2010

R-A-N-G-E-R-S!

A little background info for my readers -

I am a Rangers fan. A Texas Rangers fan that is. Yes, I realize I live in Houston, and should support the Astros, which I do, but my heart belongs to the Texas Rangers. See, I grew up in Arlington, Texas. Where the Rangers play. Back when I was in elementary school, my dad came home from work and informed the family that he had made an investment, an investment in fun, I think is how he put it. And that investment was season tickets to the Rangers game. From about 5th grade till about 11th grade or so, many a night between April and September of every year was spent at the Ballpark in Arlington. We weren't fair weather fans, we went to games even when the Rangers sucked. And, let's face it, they did for a while there. I remember when my dad told me in college that he had gotten rid of the season tickets. It was a heart breaking day in our family, but as the kids were slowly leaving home, there wasn't anyone to use the tickets as much anymore. Well, that last approximately one season. Becaues by the next year, my Dad had season tickets again. They couldn't stay away.

Now - I like to go to a Ranger game or two when I can when I'm up in the DFW area. Nothing is quite like watching the Rangers play with my parents, eating hot dogs, getting cotton candy sugar stuck all over your fingers, and enjoying these precious moments with my family.



Last night, all those years of support and patience were rewarded when the Rangers beat the Tampa Bay Rays and made it to the ALCS! I watched the entire series (well listened/watched) and a little tear came to my eye as the fly ball was caught in the end of the 9th inning and the Rangers won!

I cannot wait to watch the ALCS, and hopefully see the Rangers make it to the World Series for the FIRST TIME EVER!

Let's go Rangers, let's go!




No comments: