Saturday, May 24, 2008

This is me at the start of bar exam preparation.

It has begun. Bar preparation. This time in my life that I had been blocking out since I started law school. I can no longer pretend that this three day exam + two months of studying isn't going to happen, because it is, happening, right now.


I started Bar/Bri - which is the bar preparation class most law students take - last Tuesday. We will meet every day, sometimes 7 days a week, for 3 1/2 hours from 9 - 12:30 to listen to a professor lecture about whichever Bar subject that is for that day. Last week it was Contract Law and Agency/Partnership Law, and then we fill in a lecture handout as they call it as they go on with their talk. If there was a way I could describe the boredome these three and a half hours present, I do not think I could it it justice. They have us in a ball room, at a hotel, with circular tables, seating 10 ppl a table. In an attempt to make more room for our gigantic lecture handout book, we remove chairs and because of that we got yelled at by some hotel person the other day. Don't get me wrong, i'm not naive about the necessity of this bar preparation class and the necessity of sitting there filling in blanks. It is important and i did learn more about Contracts in two days than I did in an entire semester. If only law school had been this way.


On a more fun note - I got back my grade for my 50 page paper about the death penalty and managed to get an A -. Which in law school terms = awesomeness. ha. I'm relieved, I put a lot of effort into that paper and its citations and I'm happy to be rewarded with that grade. Now just waiting on trust and wills, not so sure about that one.


This past week was Patrick's birthday! We celebrated it by going to see The Police in concert in the Woodlands. It was so fun! We were by far the youngest fans there and enjoyed every minute. They played a bunch of oldies but goodies and it was fun to see Sting lookin' so healthy at the ripe age of 57 (or something close to that). Apparently he does a lot of yoga. Maybe I need to start doing that....
STING!

I made Patrick take a stream of pics, this is my fave of about 6 of them before he made me stop taking the pictures. He doesn't normally make that face, just fyi.

This weekend is pretty relaxed. I'm typing up some notes for Constitutional Law right now (or rather after I finish this blog) and then Patrick and I are going to go see Indiana Jones tonight! YAY! Love the Indy. Then tomorrow he and I are having a "day date" and I think we are going to go to a museum somewhere, if we can find cheaper tix than $25 a person (which is the price to see the Pompeii exhibit at the Art museum, crazy). Then got a friends BBQ that night for some more relaxation. Monday will hopefully be spent productively working on Bar/Bri homework (yes you heard that right).

That's all I've got right now. Im just hoping to survive this summer. One day I'll put a pic up of the gigantic stack that is my books for Bar/Bri - let's just say about 9 books. Awesome.

Much love.

Yay: new jeans!

Dang: i think this is going to be the same all summer, or atleast till July 31...bar exam.


No comments: