Monday, July 21, 2008

One Week

One week, that's all. Until the biggest test of my life, one week. I'm not sure if I should be happy or scared or nervous or excited or whatever. All i know is I am glad I have one week left for two totally contradictory reasons 1. because I am not ready for this test, i'm closer than I was three weeks ago, but not there yet, i'm hoping I am by Tuesday, the 29th at 8am 2. because in one week, well really like a week and a half counting the test, it will be done, the test I have been preparing for since May will be finished and I will no longer have to have it in the back of my mind (well that is until it gets closer to Nov when the scores come out) or feel guilty about living my life and not studying and i will no longer have to study and i get to go to Cancun w/ my boyfriend!!

This will be my last post until after the bar. I really need to be focused on this stuff every minute of the day that I'm awake and not eating this week. I too, like Jen and Elaine had a hard time focusing yesterday. I gave up around 8 pm and relaxed, drank some wine, and watched a movie. It was much needed and I am focusing a lot better today.

BTW there is a hurricane or tropical storm right now, headed for South Texas. Let's pray it doesn't decide to turn directions and head for Houston or I might be taking the bar in Arlington instead...i'm not thinking evacuating right now would be the best use of my study time...

I am looking forward to taking the Bar exam. I know that sounds funny, but I really am. It means that I am one step closer to being a real attorney and practicing law. Its all about perspective right? But there are a few things I'm looking forward to in the coming weeks after the bar:
- Mexico w/ Patrick
- Spending time w/ my boyfriend other than when we study together, which I just don't qualify as quality time. Period.
- Watching movies - Batman, Mamma Mia
- Hanging out with friends
- Sleeping in
- Looking for a job
- Visiting my family.
- Helping Lauren w/ her new house (She and Dave closed today in Pearland!)
- Reading books for fun - i'm reading all the Sue Grafton - Kinsey character books, they are good!
- And numerous other things I can't think of but i'm sure will be fun.

Well that is all my friends. You'll hear from me on the other side of the bar exam. A lot less stressed and with a lot more time.

Much love.

Yay: Lauren brought me dinner for tonight, such a good friend!
Dang: Bar.

1 comment:

Jen Lewis said...

Good post! I am excited about the bar too. Mainly about getting it over with, but excited none the less. I have never studied this hard for anything in my life! Happy studying! Glad your day is more productive. Mine has been too!