Monday, August 31, 2009

Random weekend update

Random weekend - fun/painful. I'll explain.

Friday:

Went to see Time Traveler's Wife! And I loved it. I read the book about three years ago so it wasn't fresh enough in my mind to remember a whole lot, so I found the movie surprising and entertaining. I cried at the end, a lot. Which can always be quasi embarrasing in the movie theater. I love Rachel McAdams, and to ponder time traveling boggles my mind.



Saturday:

Patrick's mom/sister were in town for the weekend. So I had brunch with them, and then headed to my law school to help out with a writing workshop. AND I was told that I get to coach an actual moot court team this year! Yay!

Afterwards, I hit up the galleria for a little retail therapy.

Then I headed to Patrick's to hang out with everyone. Well...patrick's roommate has a scooter/moped. Its pink. And Patrick decided (upon my urging) to give me a few lessons in the art of moped riding. I was riding along just fine, that is until the speed bump intervened, and I ran into a garage going about 20 mph. Ouchies.






+

=



Hurt Sara


Now, my right side took the brunt of the impact b/c I tried to turn at the last minute, and as I turned I fell down on my left side. My right quad ran into the door handle on the garage and has a good cantaloupe size bruise/bump and hurts like heck. Even now as I sit in my office it is throbbing. My right arm is really sore, my left ankle has an injured ligament and I have some road rash on my left arm. Awesome. Guess I won't be riding on a moped anytime soon. No worries about all the other physical damage(the dented garage, and the smashed moped), we've already taken care of those.

Sunday:

Nursed my wounds on the couch watching Dexter Season 2 on demand. Then went to see Depeche Mode with Kate and Steve (Patrick was supposed to come, but alas, his surgery happened). It was a fun/interesting concert. I know a lot of DM's older songs (like from the 80s/90s), not so much their newer songs (which they played a lot of). But I had an enjoyable evening chatting with my sister and brother in law and singing the songs I do know.

This week:

Not a lot going on this week. Looking forward to the three day weekend coming up and the four day week that follows. I have a hearing on Friday, and just other projects to complete during the week. Getting lunch with Alisa today, and seeing the boy tonight.

Patrick Update: Well...Patrick is still healing. He has another two weeks off from work to recover. He is allowed to drive now so I think he doesn't feel as shut in (he wasn't allowed to drive for two weeks after the surgery). Pray for quick healing!

Much Love!

Yay: My new shoes!

Dang: the bruise on my thigh.














No comments: