Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Hair laziness

*Disclaimer: I realize that I quoted NaBloPoMo wrong as my title yesterday. There is in fact no L in Post.

Despite that, here is my second post of the month:

I am hair lazy. What is this you may ask? Well, I for some reason have developed a sheer laziness when it comes to fixing my hair in the morning. I remember when I was in high school and college, I'd wake up early, shower, and spend a while blow drying and curling my hair to make it look its best. Somewhere between studying for law school crap and becoming a lawyer, I lost that desire. I'm not sure where it went, and I would really like to have it back.

I'd say 1/5 days of the work week I actually "fix" my hair. And by "fix" I don't mean I actually in fact use a curling iron. More just that I blow dry it straight. So, what am I doing the other 4/5 of the work week? Well, I have two options that I rotate through 1) put it in a low bun, wet. Yes you read that right. Wet. No blow dry. or 2) take a shower, and NOT wash my hair so that I can just put it in a low pony tail, dirty. Yes, you read that right, dirty.

Actually fixed.
I really need to get out of this rut. I'm pretty sure being a 27 year old attorney, with wet hair, at work, doesn't make the best impression. (Although, today on the elevator, a woman (who had fixed her hair) complimented me on my low bun of wet hair and said that she wished she could get her hair to look like that..true story). As I write this I am sitting at my desk, with my hair, still wet, but no longer in a bun because it was giving me a headache.


Wet.
The second option.

One of these days, I need to make use of the $150 hair cut and color that I get every three months, and actually fix my hair. Baby steps. Maybe next week I'll strive for 3/5 days of actually fixing it. I'll let you know how that goes...



No comments: