Monday, November 22, 2010

It's my kind of town - Chicago ("Frank Sinatra" aka The Man).

A few posts ago, I blogged about coaching "moot court" again. Well, my first team I coached competed in Chicago at the beginning of November. I had a great group of "kids" (I use that term loosely, as one of the guys was older than me), and I was super proud of them. We had a good time in Chi-town, and saw lots of sights, and pretty much ate our way through the town. Here's a brief synapsis of our trips through photos -

We arrived on Thursday afternoon and immediately went to the hotel bar for cocktails and snacks. That evening, we went to dinner at a tasty steak place (where I am pretty sure none of us ordered steaks). Then it was early to bed for their competition in the morning.

Friday was their competition at the Federal Court house. They did a great job, and I was really really proud of them. It was a long day though, and after arguing two rounds, and going to a reception, we ended up at Giordano's for some delicious deep dish pizza. Yum!



The team - Kristen, Geoff, and Kelsey



Shock em Coogs.



Saturday was spent being touristy. We went to Millenium Park, the Shedd Aquarium (which was AWESOME), Navy Pier, and did some shopping on Michigan Ave. It was topped off by a delish italian meal and then some drinks in Wicker Park. All in all and great day. And we couldn't have asked for better weather!

The Bean





Fall!


Entrance to Shedd Aquarium - we stood in that line for a long time.


Sunday we headed back to Tejas.

It was a great team, a great trip, and a great time!

OH, and how dare I forget, the night before I left for Chicago I went to see Hanson with Lauren. It was a blast! They put on a really really good show, and at the HOB you really are up close and personal. I do have to say that they grew up to be nice lookin men, who wear tight pants.







I'm headed home for Thanksgiving this week, and I cannot wait. It's been about 6 months since I've been home. That's a long time for me, and a length of time i'm not proud of. But, in any case, i'm looking forward to some home-cooking and some relaxation.


No comments: