Monday, September 1, 2008

This is me remembering how much I hate packing..

Why did I decide to move? I could have lived in this small apartment a while longer...Those are the thoughts that have crept into my head this past weekend. I am moving. As y'all probably gathered from the last post. Patrick was out of town this weekend visiting old friends in Amarillo and having some good ole guy time, and I stayed behind and didn't go anywhere fun so I could pack. And pack I have. I still have about 1/4 left to do of my apartment. Like pack up the kitchen (which I will do on Wed. night) and finish up my closet, take clothes to good will, do laundry, etc. I feel like I am running out of time now, because of my new job (yay!!) I won't have full days anymore to pack. Just nighttimes and Thursday morning before the movers get here. I'm taking a break now, and will later to watch Gossip Girl premiere (yay!) and then spend the rest of the night till I head to bed packing and then the rest of my free time this week packing. I am thankful the movers aren't going to be here till noon on Thursday because then I can stay up late on wed night packing and get up early on Thursday (did I just say that?, oops). I am proud of myself though, I have thrown things away! I'm what you would call a packrat, i save everything. Well I finally decided I was saving things I wouldn't look at, well ever, and so I have thrown a lot of stuff away and I am donating a ton of clothes to good will. I have about 10 trash bags full of stuff if that lets you know how much crap I have. I apparently did not go thru anything when I moved two years ago, oops. Not going to do that again.

On the other side, I am going to work tomorrow! Yay! But whereas Friday I wasn't necessarily ready, tomorrow I will be. I've gone to the store, and know what I'm going to where and feel a bit more put together and not so scatter brained. This week is just going to be a whirlwind, luckily it's short. Because once I get moved in, I have to unpack (my second least favorite thing to do). But it will be super nice to be in a new apt and a bigger one at that with more room for all my stuff!

This weekend did have its fun moments though. I got to hang out with a few friends I haven't seen in a while. Seems that once you are no longer a student and everyone is working its harder to see friends on an everyday basis like we used to. Guess that's part of growing up (those that have been working for three years now are prolly laughing at me, but hey I'm new to this..)

Guess I should get back to packing!

Much love.

Yay: Gossip Girl returning.
Dang: running into a box and cutting open my foot, awesome.

No comments: