Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Shuffle em up

I've decided to start a new "game" to entertain myself while I work. It's called - Shuffle em up. What is this game? Well, I have my Ipod on "shuffle". I've noticed that a lot of times, when it is on shuffle, songs are played that I either haven't heard in a very long time, didn't realize I owned, love, secretly miss hearing, or have no idea why I put that song on my ipod. So, to entertain myself, I am daring myself to document on here (my blog), the songs that are played on my shuffle today (even the ones I don't want to admit that I own) and if a song is particularly compelling, the memory it invokes. No worries, I'll "dare" some of my fellow bloggers to the challenge at the end of this post ... (silly post, I know, but its the "small" things (like I mentioned in my last post) that make me happy/entertained):

Here we go! (in the exact order they are coming up on my Ipod)
(started at 12:09 pm).
  • "Old Blue Chair" - Kenny Chesney (reminds me of - laying in a pool during the summer, at my parent's house).
  • "Sfunkae" - LordMing (no idea).
  • "No One Mourns the Wicked" - Wicked Soundtrack (reminds me of - studying in law school in the library, you would think it would remind me of seeing the musical, but it doesnt, b/c I haven't seen it...yet).
  • "Spies" - Coldplay (again, studying, listened to Coldplay a lot in law school).
  • "All Fall Down" - One Republic
  • "All Because of You" - U2 (my brother in law b/c he loves U2)
  • "Crazy" - Pat Green (college!)
  • "Where the Boat Leaves From" - Zac Brown Band (the beach!)
  • "Can't you Just Adore her" - Mandy Moore (summer between 2nd and 3rd year of law school)
  • "Hotel California" - The Eagles (my dad)
  • "Orpheus in the Underworld" - Jacques Offenbach (band)
  • "I don't want to Be" - Gavin DeGraw (baylor)
  • "Hillbilly Deluxe" - Brookes and Dunn

Okay, that's enough for me! I'm switching to the new Mandy Moore CD - "Amanda Leigh" that I just bought, while I read People and eat my sandwich, then its back to work!

Much Love.

Yay: Tomorrow is my "Friday"

Dang: sunburn, still.





No comments: