Monday, August 16, 2010

Half crazy...

I'm now officially signed up to run not one, but TWO half marathons! That's a full marathon if you put the two together! Back in May, I signed up for the San Antonio Half, which is in November. I've been training for that race since May, this past Saturday I ran my first ever 7 miles (without walking). I was proud of myself, considering 8 months ago I couldn't run half a mile. I'm pretty sure after the run on Saturday every inch of me was pouring sweat, thank you Houston heat + humidity.


Anyways, back to the point of this post - two weeks ago I signed up for the Houston Half lottery (it's so popular that they did a lottery system this year for people to run in it). I found out today that I made the cut! So, I'll be officially running the 2011 Houston Half in January!! I'm pumped! So here are my races to look forward to -

First: San Antonio Rock n Roll Half Marathon in NOVEMBER.

Second: Aramco Houston Half Marathon in JANUARY.

Let the training continue!

Training this week:

Monday: Rest
Tuesday: 3 miles
Wednesday: Cross
Thursday: 4 miles
Friday: 3 miles

Saturday: 8 miles (I'll be lounging on the lake on Saturday, so this will more likely be Sunday...)
If you have any good training ideas, or cross training ideas (i'm really bad about that), let me know!
Also - I need to start ingesting protein stuff when I run, I tried the gel stuff when I did the MS150, and it made me want to vomit, so any helpful ideas on gels/protein stuff that is quasi tasty?

3 comments:

d.a.r. said...

I really like the AccelGels, they have a 4:1 protein:sugar ratio which helps my tummy! I love the Key Lime flavor, it actually tastes like pie filling!

The Sages said...

Yay Sarah! I use Gu. It tastes disgusting, but it does the trick

Melissa said...

What gels have you tried? David and I "like" the PowerGels. I like Strawberry Banana the best. We also like ShotBlocks. But Powergels for us is our favorite consistency.