Thursday, June 18, 2009

Happy Birthday MOM!


Today is my wonderful Mom's 56th Birthday! I can't be there to celebrate it with her today b/c, well, I live in Houston and she DFW, but I will get to see her in a week at the lake! My mom is one of the most generous, loving, caring, encouraging, patient, strong, funny, and beautiful mothers!! She inspires me everyday to be a better person, to trust in God and His plans for my life, to be confident in myself, and to not take life so seriously. My memories of her are too many to write down here, but let's just say she never missed a volleyball game, cheerleading competition, band concert, graduation, parent's weekend, homecoming, birthday, or anything else that was an important milestone in my life. She's always a phone call (or text, now that she has learned how to do that) away. I hope one day I can be the kind of mom/woman/wife she is. Happy Birthday Mom, I hope today that you are able to 1. eat lots of Godiva 2. take a nap 3. hug one of your children (Liz, she's at home now) 4. laugh 5. blow out some candles 6. open a bunch of small presents (her fave) 7. Know how truly loved you are in this life and what a blessing you are to anyone who has the luckiness of knowing you. I love you!







No comments: