Friday, June 12, 2009

The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Today took a note right out of one of my fave children's books - Ivan and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. Here's how my day from 8 am till 2 pm went:

1. Woke up late, missed trainer appointment, lost money.
2. Fell back asleep, woke up late, running late to work.
3. Drive to friend's house to feed dogs and let them out, while at said friend's house, close front door, lock bottom lock from inside, dead bolt from outside, lock self out of friend's house. Friend won't be home till Sunday. Freak out. Try to climb fence to back yard in heels, unsuccesful.
4. Decide to get in car drive to apt, get wire hanger, and try to break into my friends house, a la McGiver style.
5. Get in car, car won't start. Freak out.
6. Try car again, won't start. Freak out some more b/c i know jack crap about cars.
7. Call boyfriend in panic.
8. Boyfriend says to open hood, and check battery.
9. Proceed with boyfriend's directions. Battery is corroded with cauliflower looking debris around knobs, think to self "that can't be good.".
10. Call sister, freak out.
11. Sister calls brother in law, who comes to the rescue.
12. Brother in law shows up, lifts me over fence to check on back door, find it locked.
13. Brother in law drives on grass to jump car. Car jumps. Best thing to happen all morning.
14. Brother in law's maintenance man comes to break door knob and let me in and then proceeds to replace door knob and lock. (No worries, checked with friend before I did this to her house).
15. Drive to NTB. When getting battery replaced, told that one of my tires is leaking air and the others are bald and will more than likely pop in the next long drive. Freak out.
16. Buy new battery + new tires + oil change = 2 hour long wait.

Needless to say I didn't make it in to work until 2 pm. Looks like I'll be making up some of that time this weekend. Awesome.

I could use a big glass of wine and a good tear jerker movie to just let all my frustrations out.

I guess they say when it rains it pours. Atleast now I have new tires and a new battery and my friend has a new door knob.

I hope this weekend is better than today was.

Much love.

Yay: an awesome brother in law
Dang: see above.

(side-note: boyfriend not able to come rescue me b/c of his stupid job and a project due at noon, he tried his hardest to do his rescuing over the phone though so thank you boyfriend)


No comments: